Thanks for this.

I am aware of pyd and will take a look at source/build process.

Any thoughts on speed in 2014 of pyd vs using cython to talk to D directly via C/C++ interface? I saw this old coment here:

prabhuramachandran.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/python-vs-cython-vs-d-pyd-vs-c-swig

" predict that the D version's relative slowness might have something to do with Pyd's somewhat awful handling of arrays (at least in part). More low-level and verbose, but possibly faster code could be written to compensate for this if this is indeed the problem. However, this is not a very attractive solution. (Optimally, Pyd should be capable of directly pointing D arrays at numpy arrays, but this is not actually implemented.)"