On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 18:38:39 UTC, tcak wrote:
On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 16:51:02 UTC, Kapps wrote:
On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 10:49:42 UTC, tcak wrote:

Not sure if this is the same issue, but by default gdb breaks on signals that the GC uses, which would explain why it's breaking in gdb but not normally.

What happens if you try:
handle SIGUSR1 noprint nostop
handle SIGUSR2 noprint nostop

In GDB before starting execution of the program?

This is what I did on shell: (I put some spaces for readability)

tolga@tolga:~/dev/d/bug$ dmd -gc -debug test.d

tolga@tolga:~/dev/d/bug$ gdb ./test

Yes, GDB is stopping on SIGUSR1 / SIGUSR2 since that's the default settings. D's GC uses these signals for suspending / resuming threads during a collection. You need to type what I said above, prior to typing 'run'.