On Saturday, 13 December 2014 at 19:03:42 UTC, aldanor wrote:
If I now want to have exactly the same module but with all function declarations wrapped as described above, I have to public import it in another module and then do some template magic. However, it wouldn't be possible to retain the same function names since they've been imported to the namespace (it's then also not possible to extern them as private initially since then you won't be able to import/wrap them in a different module). Hence the idea of mixing the wrapping template in the initial .d header.

You can also use `static import`. That way, the imported symbols will only be accessible via their fully-qualified name (e.g. `mypackage.mybindings.foo` instead of `foo`) and won't pollute the module's namespace.