On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 11:40:26 UTC, seany wrote:

I am new to vibe.d and plying a bit with it.

I notice, that in case of Apache, there is a "root" directory, often by default under /var/www or /srv/http (resp. ftp) if you are using linux, and then every time the client sends a request, apache looks in to the root directory, deduces the subdirectory from the URI, and pulls the page up from there. Then it parses the PHP / other scripting commands, and prints the HTML as is, before serving it over http.

I want to know the equivalent of all these in vibe.d. The website has a documentation, but all what I find is that you will need an app.d, in a predefined directory structure. I however, do not understand, what the root directory is going to be.

Is it going to be the directry where vibe.d is started?

Say, I start my vibe.d under /server, then I have an app.d under /server/a/app.d and /server/b/app.d

Do I access them via http://top.level.domain/a, resp /b, and app.d is like index.html / index.php which vibe.d looks for by default, or do i have to use http://top.level.domain/a/app.d

To be very clear: in the simple case when you compile your vibe application from multiple source files and diet templates etc, and you will end up with an executable. This can act as a server directly, or you can make it an internal server on localhost called by php, or you can call it from nginx as a CGI type application depending on the URL.

The vibed directory layout is of no relevance after compilation (unless you put your static data there).