On Tuesday, 17 February 2015 at 09:08:17 UTC, Vlad Levenfeld wrote:
On Tuesday, 17 February 2015 at 08:05:49 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
Periodic fractions.

Or transcendental numbers, for that matter, but arbitrary != infinite. A max_expansion template parameter could be useful here.

For my use case I'm less concerned with absolute resolution than with preserving the information in the smaller operand when dealing with large magnitude differences.

We have rational (two bigint, one for the numerator and one for the denominator), which I like better than floatingpoint (it's more expressive).
  • BigFloat? Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: BigFloat? Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: BigFloat? Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: BigFloat... Dominikus Dittes Scherkl via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: BigFloat... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-learn