On Friday, 20 February 2015 at 13:00:39 UTC, John Colvin wrote:

I agree. Wrap it in a mixin / mixin template?

Why do you need this? Presumably it'll be hidden in the depths of some library / bindings where beauty is somewhat optional? Using the .mangleof from an extern(D) function should mean it's robust.

Well the use case is creating a function which sole purpose it is to create a function pointer from it and pass it to C++. If it recieves C++ mangling however I have to pay attention that it does not conflict with any other C++ symbols. The same goes for extern(C). Sometimes you want to create functions with a C calling convetion so you can create a function pointer from it. With extern(C) its even a bigger problem because the C mangling conflicts a lot easier.