On Monday, 23 February 2015 at 17:47:54 UTC, Andre wrote:
Until now I didn't found out how to solve the issue excepting changing
the password;)
In case I find the solution I will make a pull request.

Kind regards
André

On Monday, 23 February 2015 at 16:58:16 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
On Monday, 23 February 2015 at 16:10:42 UTC, Andre wrote:
Hi,

Curl has some issues with passwords containing special characters
like the hash key (#).
The password will not be accepted although it is correctly
set with the method setAuthencication("user", "pass1234#");

I know this is more a Curl issue than a DLang issue but it
is very frustrating and for unexperienced users very hard to
find out why the application is working for some users
and for some others not...

Could the documentation for setAuthentication could be enhanced?

Kind regards
André

Sure. You can make a pull request. The documentation in question is here:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/net/curl.d#L1809
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/net/curl.d#L2411

Alternatively, you can suggest a text here, and I or some else will submit one.

The suggestion to make a pull request wasn't to provide a work-around for the undesired behavior, but rather to add a comment noting what the the behavior was (as a warning for users). If this is a limitation of curl, there likely isn't anything D can do about it.