On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:54:01 +0000, weaselcat wrote:

> Seems barely maintained and there was a proposed replacement claiming it
> was broken(http://wiki.dlang.org/Review/std.signal)
> that never got approved.
>
> Is std.signals worth using over a dub package?

they both suxalot. both of them are ugly, and people tend to avoid ugly
things. i believe that singal/slot concept must have some support in the
compiler. i don't want to throw all that stupid templates everywhere, and
i don't want to mixin things manually. i want to tell the compiler that
this method is @signal, that method is @slot, and compiler will happily
do the hidden things for me. the same with `connect` and `emit`. ah, and
`emit` must be keyword, just like in Qt.

i will do that in Aliced eventually.

the only thing i'm unsure is `connect`: i still can't think out the nice
syntax for it. maybe i'll reintroduce that nice C arrow ("->"), but this
time for good. ;-)