On 13/03/2015 2:23 p.m., Dennis Ritchie wrote:
Is it possible to run this code in compile-time?

import std.stdio, std.functional;

ulong fact(ulong n)
{
     alias mfact = memoize!fact;
     return n < 2 ? 1 : n * mfact(n - 1);
}

void main() {

     writeln(fact(10));
}

In CommonLisp variable *factorial-cache* available in CT, and RT.
Moreover, in the compiler environment of your *factorial-cache* and RT.
Thus we memoires as calculations in CT (constants), and RT.

(eval-always
   (defparameter *factorial-cache* (make-hash-table))
   (defun factorial (n)
     (if (< n 1)
         1
         (setf (gethash n *factorial-cache*) (* n (factorial (1- n)))))))

(define-compiler-macro factorial (&whole whole n)
   (if (constantp n) (factorial n) whole))

Here is an example I have in my Developing with compile time in mind book[0]:

size_t factorial(size_t n) pure {
        assert(n < 11);
        if (n == 0) {
                return 1;
        } else {
                return n * factorial(n - 1);

static assert(factorial(5) == 120);

Notice how it is in a static assert? Yeah that is at compile time.
You could assign it to e.g. an enum. Or force it over using meta-programming.

If you haven't already, I would strongly recommend that you read my book on the subject.

[0] https://leanpub.com/ctfe