On Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 13:08:27 UTC, Artur Skawina wrote:
On 05/02/15 05:28, Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 03:21:38 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
For some reason, my build time has increased dramatically...

Building with 1 vector takes 0.6 seconds.
Building with 2 vector takes 0.7 seconds.
Building with 4 vector takes 0.9 seconds.
Building with 8 vector takes 1.1 seconds.
Building with 16 vectors takes 1.7 seconds.
Building with 32 vectors takes 3.4 seconds.
Building with 64 vectors takes 12.4 seconds.
Building with 112 vectors takes 55.5 seconds.
Building with 113 vectors takes 56.7 seconds.

Apparently CTFE can be very inefficient sometimes -- compiler
issue. Can't think of a workaround right now; manually parsing
(instead of using mixins) might help, but that would make the
solution less obvious...

I'll try and make a few experiments to see if there's something that helps speeding it up.

http://pastebin.com/pCh9e7hQ

For some reason I was never really affected by the horrible
CTFE perf. For example, your code from that link, after a few
tweaks to get it to build, compiles in ~3s for me. (64 bit x86
linux gdc build)

That's quick. I'd expect your computer to be a bit faster than mine. ;) I have a QuadCore 2.5GHz PowerMac G5. But I'll also be building on a Dual 2GHz ARM Cortex-A7 based CubieBoard2 if I succeed building a D compiler for it; this. I think it's important for the user that the compilation time is kept low, because many people will be building on Cortex-A based devices.