On Thursday, 14 May 2015 at 14:57:26 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:

How about a more flexible solution?

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/2f99cc270651

Neat, thanks!

On Thursday, 14 May 2015 at 18:44:58 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

It depends on the guts of MyContainer.Range.

I'm assuming MyContainer.Range has SOME sort of references (i.e. pointers) to the data in the container, so why not just have:

bool empty() { return someRef == null || yourCurrentTest; }

-Steve

In this case, I want to return an empty range when the container instance itself is null. I could have a static method MyContainer.emptySlice, but I feel like I've seen this general situation crop up a lot with small variations.