On Saturday, 23 May 2015 at 06:35:50 UTC, Anthony Monterrosa wrote:
Does D require the standard library to function? Or to be more direct, does D as a language need its library, or core library, to function correctly?

Phobos is not required completely. D runtime can be a couple of lines not counting object.d. If you want all asserts, string switch and bounds checking (which I nice to have) and nice error reporting, it can grow to 100 lines or so.

Note: since, I'm already here, does anyone know how D manipulates/uses standard streams to make its write/read functions as well? I can't find any resources telling me a non-abstracted way of this being completed.

Phobos works on top of C stdio.