It is the same, but totalStr is not a dchar[]. It's a Result (a type internal to the chain function ) which is a range. The foreach loop iterates over Result, which returns dchar[].

So if you try to do something like that :

charAppender.put(totalStr.array), it won't work because totalStr.array is a dchar[][].

Sorry to making the discussion longer and wasting your times.

But I am looking for a way without for loops. Also looping every element one by one does not seems very efficient to me. Any advices for that?