On Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at 13:31:47 UTC, FreeSlave wrote:
Also you may want to take a look at my library [1] where I use SHGetSpecialFolderPath (I know, it's deprecated, but it still works, so why not. I don't really need to bother with access tokens here).

Note that I load shell32 dynamically, so no need to link it while building. Even if dmd links to shell32 by default, I'm not sure if this is true for gdc and ldc (never used them on win). At least, as I remember Mingw does not link to shell32 by default.