On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 06:50:28 UTC, Charles Hawkins wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 03:31:37 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 03:29:14 UTC, Charles Hawkins wrote:
Thanks, Adam. I'm coming from OCaml and haven't seen a seg fault in years. Didn't recognize it. :D Hopefully I can figure it out from here.

Try to compile with either ldc or gdc and the -g flag, it should give you a backtrace. dmd seems to not like linux wrt backtraces.

Thanks. I wish! I haven't had any success in compiling with anything but dub. gdc, dmd, rdmd always give me "module mylib is in file 'mylib.d' which cannot be read" on my "import mylib;" statement. I've tried every permutation of -I and -L that I can think of. It almost appears that one either uses dub for everything or nothing and I'm getting pretty frustrated with it as well. Perhaps I should just go back to old-fashioned make files?

in dmd you have to pass
- the .lib/.a files a source
- the path to the lib source with '-I'. Sometimes when the path is not well indicated you get the error you talk about. This is because the '-I' path must follow carefully the structure of the lib, e.g

'import myLib.package.moduleThis':
the '-I' must point to the folder that contains the folder 'myLib'.