On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 11:13:11 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 10:23:26 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 09:06:18 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 23:23:01 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
not sure if this is quite what you are looking for, or if the performance overhead is acceptable but have you looked at msgpack to go on top of a lower level pipe ?

Why is a lower-level pipe needed, when we have pipe in std.process?

well, that is the sort of lower level pipe I was referring to.

Ok, thanks.

It should be easy enough to write so you can switch out the transport protocol. You could use something like nanomsg if you are prepared to use a beta product. I wrote some D bindings, but they are pretty raw and haven't been used much except for tiny applications. Fantastic if you feel like giving them a try and improving them. However if you don't like them you can just call nanomsg C api directly. But nanomsg itself is still early stage.

http://nanomsg.org/index.html
http://java.dzone.com/articles/look-nanomsg-and-scalability
https://github.com/Laeeth/d-nanomsg