On 09/09/15 12:18 PM, Prudence wrote:
I have

hook = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_MOUSE, &Proc, NULL, ThreadID);

Proc is the standard hook proc:

public extern (Windows) LRESULT Proc(int code, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM
lParam)

I get a type mismatch because Proc is a delegate and SetWindowsHookEx
expects a function. Making proc static works but not the behavior I want
since all this stuff is wrapped in a class.

Is there any way to pass Proc to SetWindowsHookEx without issues of GB
and such?

Error: function windows.winuser.SetWindowsHookExA (int, extern (Windows)
int function(int, uint, int), void*, uint) is not callable using
argument types (const(int), extern (Windows) int delegate(int code, uint
wParam, int lParam), void*, uint)

I could cast Proc to a function, obviously, but I'll loose the delegate
behavior and create problems when I try to use this inside Proc?

You have the ability to store some user info along with the pointer. Store an integer. Use a global (private) array to map the integer to the actual delegate. Use a free function as the proc function.

Of course, that has some indirection thats to the lookup. You could if able to rewrite as the free-function and pass in the class as user data, you could be smart about it ;)

https://github.com/Devisualization/window/blob/master/platforms/win32/devisualization/window/window.d#L384
https://github.com/Devisualization/window/blob/master/platforms/win32/devisualization/window/window.d#L401