On Monday, 5 October 2015 at 17:40:24 UTC, bitwise wrote:
You may be right. I wrote a simple download manager in D using message passing. It was a little awkward at first, but in general, the spawn/send/receive API seems very intuitive. It feels awkward because the data you're working with is out of reach, but I guess it's safer that way.

Any possibility of a blog post on your experience of doing so ? ;) [I should start writing some directly, but for time being, until I have my blog up and running again, I write from time to time on Quora]. A few minutes of writing now and then can have a remarkably big impact as well as clarifying your own thoughts, and the time invested is amply repaid, even viewed from a narrowly self-interested perspective.

I had same experience with learning message passing. Feels like learning to eat with chopsticks in the beginning, but soon enough it feels much more civilised when it's the right tool for the job.