On 09/11/15 4:57 PM, TheFlyingFiddle wrote:
I have a few questions about the pseudo built in associative arrays.

1. Is it possible to have the built in associative array use a custom
allocator from std.experimental.allocator to service it's allocation needs?

Nope.

2. A while ago I read on the newsgroup a while back that there was a
plan to make it possible for a user to swap out the standard associative
array implementation by modifying druntime and or implementing some
linker functions. Have this been done yet? And if so what must I do to
swap the implementation?

As far as I'm aware, you are stuck using e.g. structs to emulate AA behavior. I have a VERY basic implementation here: https://github.com/rikkimax/alphaPhobos/blob/master/source/std/experimental/internal/containers/map.d
Feel free to steal.