On Monday, 16 November 2015 at 22:39:17 UTC, Dan wrote:
I have been lurking on this site over the past few weeks trying to decide when (and if) to make the transition. Can anyone here who has already made that transition tell me how smoothly it went? Any major unexpected problems? Advice?

thanks!
Dan

What do you plan to do with D? Learn it so you can use it for personal projects? Write large apps for a business? Use it in a job? The answer depends on how you'll use it. Personally, I don't think there is a reason to transition. Instead, you should learn D and then use it when you are ready.