On Friday, 20 November 2015 at 23:21:03 UTC, anonymous wrote:

[...]
FT_Init_FreeType must be read at compile time, because freeType is a module level variable, and initializers for module variables must be static values. The initializer is run through CTFE (Compile Time Function Evaluation). Put the initialization/assignment in a function and it should work. That function can be a static constructor or the main function:
----
[...]

Yes, I see. I made a mistake. I need to initialize it elsewhere. It was quite confusing.

Thanks.