On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 07:04:25 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Am 30.11.2015 um 11:08 schrieb Nordlöw:
Does anybody have a similar vibe.d-project to be inspired from, in this
regard?

This would be more targeted to the web interface generator (vibe.web.web), which is not affected by the changes mentioned above, but the interface is pretty similar. For a very simple example, you can have a look at this:
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/tree/master/examples/web_ajax

I have seen a lot of sites using this approach. I feel that once complexity increases (more dynamics, popups, real-time validation, spa) it runs into some maintenance issues.

Let me elaborate. In the beginning all html is generated on the server. Then more features are added and slowly more html is generated/manipulated in the client. Now you have this split-brain were html is generated both on the server and the client, but both in different languages, with different template engines. To put it simply, it doesn't scale well.

The solution would be to shift the generation of html to the client (for example see trello, digital ocean, etc.). The only issue there is that the first page load takes longer. This can be solved by rendering the first page on the server. With nodeJS this is easy since you can reuse the same code, with D this is a little harder.