On Monday, December 21, 2015 14:03:25 Shriramana Sharma via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> http://dlang.org/spec/interfaceToC.html refers one to Deimos
> (https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos) to look for existing bindings to C
> libraries. Is this recommendation still valid? I ask because less than one
> fourth of the repos there seem to have been active in this year 2015. Or is
> it just because the other C libraries haven't changed (!)...

A number of C bindings are in Deimos, so anyone looking for C bindings
should look there. How much any of them need to be updated, I don't know,
but it doesn't hurt to look there regardless, and many C libraries simply
don't change much. Regardless, Deimos certainly isn't dead - but remember
that what's there for any given project is there primarily because a single
developer needed it for one of their own projects and took the time to put
it in Deimos for others to use. So, if they don't need more work done on it
to do what they're doing, and no one else adds to it, then what's there
probably isn't going to change. That doesn't mean that it's not useful
though, and if someone needs bindings to be added to it or updated, then
they can always create pull requests to do that.

- Jonathan M Davis