On 1/29/16 8:07 PM, Matt Elkins wrote:
[snip]
on D and came across a section in TDPL which said internal pointers are
verboten because objects must be relocatable. Does this mean my example
is invalid (e.g., the invariant will not hold in all circumstances)? If
it is invalid, does that mean there are circumstances under which the
post-blit constructor can be elided when performing a copy or copy-like
operation (such as a move)? I've been treating it like a sort of
copy-constructor that lacks visibility on the copied-from object, but
maybe that's a mistake...

No, you cannot have internal pointers. But...

I figured out a way to have them. You just have to guarantee you don't copy the actual "pointer" out of the struct:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/mk5k4l$s5r$1...@digitalmars.com

-Steve