On Saturday, 30 January 2016 at 05:15:58 UTC, asdf wrote:
Okay so it turns out putting something in another thread is like throwing it into an alternate universe where only my functions exist, and instead of telling me my data doesn't exist, it just silently behaves as if it's all empty

Are you aware that variables declared "static" or at global scope in D are actually thread-local by default?

Anyway, you can't really expect anyone else to be able to debug something like this with just pseudo-code.

Give me a *complete* program which you think should work on GitHub or http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/ and I'll see what I can do with it. Since your problem occurs at runtime, make sure that it actually compiles without error before you post it.