On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 at 13:01:29 UTC, NX wrote:
Well, GC being better than it used to be doesn't change the fact it's still the > worst of it's kind. I don't know if this[1] work actually got released or merged but looks like it's abandoned. Pretty sad as it seemed very promising. [1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.655.1399956110.2907.digitalmar...@puremagic.com

It looks like interesting stuff, but the guy last posted in 2014. In other posts, people asked him for the code and I don't see anything on the forum indicating that he provided it. Probably an important step to improving the GC...

DMD 2.067 had some garbage collector improvements, but I'm not sure how influenced those would have been by this.