Perhaps the question is too prescriptive. Another way is: Does D have a big data strategy? But I tried to anchor it to some currently functioning framework which is why I suggested RDD.

I cannot speak on behalf of the D community. In my opinion I don't think that it is D that needs a big data strategy. It is the users of D that need that strategy.

I am originally a Java developer. Java devs. create all kinds of crazy tools all the time. Lots fail, but some survive and grow big, like Spark.

D devs need to do the same. Just jump into it. Have it be your hobby project in D. Then see where it takes you.