On Sunday, 21 February 2016 at 01:06:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 02/20/2016 04:45 PM, sanjayss wrote:
> [...]
basically "line
> [...]
is saying.
> [...]
ioctls and
> [...]
this, but
> [...]
am doing
> [...]
issue).
> [...]
std.stdio.readlnImpl(shared(core.stdc.stdio._IO_FILE)*, ref
> [...]

Judging frome the fact that the exception object does not contain a message, it must be coming from one of several of the following checks:

        if (ferror(fps))
            StdioException();

For example:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/stdio.d#L4180

And the only meaning is that the input stream is in error state. :-/

Ali

Thanks. That helps. I am making the stdin non-blocking (but reverting it back before doing the readln()) -- maybe that is causing some problems. Will follow this line of reasoning to see if I can figure out the problem.