On Thursday, 10 March 2016 at 16:20:42 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist wrote:
I feel like this should do what i want it too. but it doesn't.

struct Color_t {
        static if(1==1){
                import std.bitmanip:bitfields;
                immutable string item = bitfields!(
                                uint, "R",    8,
                                uint, "G",   8,
                                uint, "B",    8,
                                uint, "A", 8);
        }
        mixin(item);
}

I wonder if compiler is smart enaugh to undestand that dependency is not needed at runtime in this case:

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/fd3bc2a839a3