On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 21:00:36 UTC, Web Biz Owner wrote:
Hi group,

I'm interested in developing some GUI programs in D on Windows. Looked into the various D GUI toolkit options a bit, on the D sites and by googling a bit. Thinking of using GtkD. So would like to know whether people think it is a good option for GUI app dev on Windows.

Note: I have not ruled out other toolkits. If anyone has any thoughts on their use, please do comment.

Thanks,
W.B.O.

Short answer : Yes, but you need to install (or package with) Gtk dlls.

Long answer :

Install following this instructions : https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/wiki/Installing-on-Windows If you would use Dub and you need to be cross-platform, the dub.sdl/json would be a bit more tricky, but works. You would need something like this :

  libs "gtkd" platform="windows"

  configuration "nogtk" {
    platforms "windows"
    targetType "executable"
  }
  configuration "gtk" {
    platforms "posix"
    dependency "gtk-d:gtkd" version="~>3.2.0"
    targetType "executable"