On Wednesday, 20 April 2016 at 12:04:45 UTC, rcorre wrote:
===
$ dmd /tmp/d.d
/usr/bin/ld: d.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `__dmd_personality_v0' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
d.o: error adding symbols: Bad value
--- errorlevel 1
===

I'm seeing the above trying to compile a simple d program.

/tmp/d.d:
===
void main() { }
===

Any idea what this might be? I'm on dmd 2.071.0 on Archlinux.

My desktop is fine (Archlinux, same DMD version, both recently updated). I'm guessing this is some weird misconfiguration on my laptop that happened fairly recently.