On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 at 13:01:26 UTC, ciechowoj wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 at 09:07:59 UTC, Begah wrote:
How could i tell the garbage collector to ignore the reference in the hashmap and to free it if there isn't any other reference that in my hashmap?

You could always zero the reference in the hashmap, as it won't be valid after reload anyway...

Nothing will reload.

An example :
I load a texture "button.png" in a class and draw it to the screen, When the screen switches to another screen ie from menu to the game, I want that the "button.png" texture is automaticly destroyed by the gc. But this will never happen because i still have a reference to it in my hashmap. Thus, i need a way to tell the gc to ignore the reference ( or something similar ) in that hashmap.