On Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 13:34:36 UTC, chmike wrote:
vibed uses libevent, a C library.

The discussion is regarding a possible pure D equivalent of libevent. libasync is an interesting proposal but it is apparently slower than libevent. I don't know the current status because vibed improved its performance in the last months.

My initial question is if there is a working group I could join to work on this pure D async library. I'm interested in working on the subject.

if you used in unix(linux,bsd,mac),you can look our's event-net lib. now it is only epoll(linux), the kqueue(bsd and mac) is easy to support.
and now only timer and tcp.
It's like facebook/wangle(Netty + Finagle) smooshed together, but in D.

https://github.com/putao-dev/collie