On Sunday, 29 May 2016 at 17:38:17 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
In what way are you trying to compare them? If all you're doing is comparing them for equality, then just use ==. e.g.

if(str1 == str2)

And if you're not simply comparing for equality, what are you looking to figure out? Without more information about what you're trying to do, it's kind of hard to help you.

I'm reminded that the GNU stdlib has a string compare function which defaults to using larger double words to get a speedup, and I think he wants to do that the same way. Although unless they are both the same size and both divisible by the size of size_t, then it's a multi-stage process to do correctly.

Worse I'm not sure if the code generation already does that and possibly does a better job than what we could do by hand...