I'm writing some platform specific D code and I've found that what the druntime exposes for the windows platform is pretty lean. I'm guessing that the purpose of the druntime version of the windows api is to implement the minimum required to support the windows platform and not meant to be a full-featured interface to windows. Is this the case?

If so, is there a good library that someone has implemented to support the full windows API? I think I remember there was one a few years ago, but now I'm unable to find it. I think I remember that the windows .lib files installed with dmd were missing symbols/functions I needed so I had to use the ones in the system32 directory installed with windows. I also had to convert them to OMF (since optlink doesn't support COFF). I'm just wondering if someone can shed some light on this, it's just been a while and google didn't seem to be much help so pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.