On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 03:40:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 03:15:04 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
It actually is a free function

no, it isn't, it is on File.

Your code doesn't compile on my dmd (and indeed it shouldn't on yours either unless you have a version mismatch. rdmd just calls dmd, it doesn't produce its own errors)

Shoot stupid mistake. You were right Jeremy and Adam. Thanks for replying and showing me my silly error. I could have sworn byLine was a template and calling it with file was just UFCS...and I don't know how I was able to compile that with DMD...must have made a mistake somewhere. Thanks again.