On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 03:06:29 UTC, moe wrote:

I meant like this:

- PluginContract // not a dub project, just some folder
-- iplugin.d

- TestApp // all files for the app (separate project)
-- packages
---- DerelictUtil-master // contains the project for derelict
-- source
---- app.d // the app
-- dub.json // the project file for the app

The only dub project would be TestApp. PluginContract would just be some folder completely outside the TestApp dub project. I could not get a relative path to work like this.

Just to be clear, are you compiling iplugin.d as well? I assumed you were referring to a compiler error (i.e. missing import), but based on this post I would guess you're getting a linker error. You should probably add this to your dub.json in addition to the importPaths:

"sourceFiles": ["../PluginContract/iplugin.d"]