On Saturday, 25 June 2016 at 03:29:02 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 25/06/2016 5:57 AM, Dlangofile wrote:
Hi all,

I'm building a Docker Alpine linux image with wine, for being able to forge Windows executable from my laptop, without having to dual boot.

With my disappointment, I'm not able to run 32bit executable from the container right now, so the easy way is running a win64 dmd.exe: someone can point me to a pre-build executable, based on the latest version?

Thanks

Umm, x86_64 is backwards compatible with x86.
So if 32bit build of dmd doesn't work, you have bigger problems.

Well, frankly speaking I don't know!

PE32+ executable (console) x86-64, for MS Windows -> working well
PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows -> not working at all

I tried also to use a WINEARCH=win32, without success: I'm attaching the Dockerfile at the end, if someone wants to help more on that.

In the meantime, any x86-64 DMD executable?
What's the problem in having it available by default in the Windows distribution?

Thanks

/D

FROM alpine:3.4
RUN apk --no-cache add wine freetype ncurses file
ENV WINEARCH=win64
RUN wineboot
ADD dmd2 /dmd2
CMD ["sh"]