On 09/07/2016 11:46 PM, Tofu Ninja wrote:
On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 11:35:24 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 11:29:18 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 11:24:01 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
Seems pretty silly to me...

due to universally beloved autodecoding.

Hmmm... I dont really know the history of autodecoding, why was that
supposed to be a good idea?

Hmm, well I fixed my problem that originally prompted me to ask this by
using ubyte instead of char. Still kinda curious on the whole
autodecoding thing and why it's even a thing.

In this case, its not aut odecoding.

ElementType is using std.range : front for array's since they do not provide a front method.

That implementation is weird in that it returns a dchar instead of the raw type. Which is decoding, but it is not auto decoding. Auto decoding involves the foreach statement. So std.traits : ForeachType if that returned dchar then yes that would be because of auto decoding.