On 07/11/2016 02:28 PM, zodd wrote:
Suppose I have a class with a few protected functions. I want to let
another class from the same package call these functions. Thus I've
added a "package" attribute and got the following:
Error: conflicting protection attribute 'package' and 'protected'

How can I achieve what I want? These member functions must be protected,
I can't make them private because this is a base class intended for
inheritance.

Can have only one level of protection. If package is too restrictive with regards to overriding, and protected is too restrictive with regards to calling, then there's only public left.

Other than that, you could add a `package` method with a different name that just calls the `protected` one.