On 13/07/2016 11:59 PM, Miguel L wrote:
I am using a temporary dynamic array inside a loop this way:
A[] a;
for(....)
{
a=[]; //discard array contents
... appends thousand of elements to a
... use a for some calculations
}

I would like to know which would be the best way to clear a contents
avoiding reallocations, as there seems to be lots of garbage collection
cycles taking place.

The options would be:

a=[];
a.length=0;
a=null;
any other?

Can you help me please?

All of those "options" do the same thing, remove all references to that data.

There is a couple of options. What I will recommend instead is to start using buffers and only expand when you append past the length. You will probably want a struct to wrap this up (and disable postblit).

Otherwise if you're lazy just disable GC and reenable after the code segment.