On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 at 18:15:23 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 at 17:16:10 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
[...]

[...]
...is an alias for a delegate/function returning an Object. It is analogous to
[...]

[...]
...is a function accepting an Object parameter. In main you are trying to call this overload
[...]
...which is essentially
[...]

You can use pragma(msg, typeof(symbol).stringof) to inspect what types are being thrown around.
[...]

You could argue that parameterless function call rules should apply here and have it implicitly converted to bar(foo()), but it doesn't. I imagine the ambiguity (of delegate vs function return value) would just cause more problems than it would solve.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I forgot the () for new Object;
Adding the () for new Object() still returns the same error.
I think you are right with the ambiguity.

Kind regards
André