On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 at 16:09:15 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 at 15:56:34 UTC, llaine wrote:
Okay on stack overflow, they are not using ffi but dl.
I tried changing ffi to dl, it's the same don't work unfortunatly.

That's about as far as I can go without having it set up on my machine. The procedure should be the same as I spelled out though. You need to create an extern(C) function that calls Runtime.initialize(). Then you call that function from Ruby the same as any other function you call with FFI. I'm familiar with the R FFI and the only difference is that some parts of that are automated.

Thank's for the help.

By creating two methods initialize/terminate using Runtime.initialize() it's crashing with this strange error.

I looked at the core.runtime source file and I saw a C binding for thoses one :

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/master/src/core/runtime.d#L36

/// C interface for Runtime.initialize, returns 1/0 instead of bool
extern(C) int rt_init();
/// C interface for Runtime.terminate, returns 1/0 instead of bool
extern(C) int rt_term();

Any idea how can I call them ?