This really makes no sense

Error: template Mem cannot deduce function from argument types !(cast(eException)1280L, "main.d", 38u, "main.WinMain")(int), candidates are: Mem(T, B = eX, string file = __FILE__, uint line = __LINE__, string func = __FUNCTION__)(size_t bytes) Mem(T, B = eX, string file = __FILE__, uint line = __LINE__, string func = __FUNCTION__)()

Shouldn't these template functions be completely distinguished?

I tried to calling it with and without a value but same error. It is the only error.

This only occurs when I call it with the non-default template values:

I call it simply like Mem!(T, B, file, line, func)(34).

It seems if the template parameters match, that the compiler doesn't test the arguments.

Mem!T(34) works fine.