On Monday, 15 August 2016 at 06:28:54 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 15/08/2016 6:20 PM, Joel wrote:
I can't install DMD, because Windows defender says the install file has
a virus and wipes it off.

I'm using a Windows 10 pro OS. DMD 2.071.1

Windows Defender is fairly false positive heavy, I usually disable it in favor of Avast.

The problem relates to dmd and Optlink, they are old coding style and very obvious what they are doing (code generation) which is usually not a good thing.

Alternately you can just exclude it from a set directory[0] which I also do for Avast (why would I wait for it to scan programs that I COMPILED!).

[0] https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/instantanswers/64495205-6ddb-4da1-8534-1aeaf64c0af8/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender

Thanks rikki.