On 08.09.2016 20:15, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

On 08.09.2016 19:35, Tofu Ninja wrote:
On Thursday, 8 September 2016 at 07:45:56 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

Fixed it again. You can find a prebuilt binary of pipedmd.exe here:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/1.0.75/job/n9tf67jxcir6kpmg/artifacts

Thanks for the response, I think there is more going on than that bug.
The pipedmd that you linked did the same thing that mine did when I got
rid of the rangeerror@pipedmd(285). Pipedmd just locks up and never
finishes the build.

Here is the project that gives me the problem, don't have something
smaller that demonstrates it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awtweclzl9kdm53/DGraphics.7z?dl=0
dub 1.0.0
dmd v2.071.0
visuald v0.3.44 beta 1

Generate the visuald project with "dub generate visuald -ax86_64", the
project itself only builds in x64.

Also fun fact, I get a different error if the folder that project is in
has spaces in the path... so yeah...

Thanks for the repro case. I can reproduce the lock-up with that project.

You can disable the usage of pipedmd by unchecking both "demangle names
in link errors" and "monitor linker dependencies" on the global options
page "Project and Solutions -> Visual D Settings" which reveals that the
command line is cut short. This seems to happen for the "Separate
compile and link" compilation mode in the project configuration. If you
switch to "Combined compile and link" it links successfully, even with
pipedmd enabled.

I think I fixed both issues in this build:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/1.0.76/job/kq0a5bqpy7anou46/artifacts