Hi and thanks all!

On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 at 00:43:10 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

immutable string executablePath;

shared static this()
{
    import std.file : thisExePath();
    executablePath = thisExePath();
}

This code is good for my needs but I start to think about how to call thisExePath only if it is really used and come to this solution:

import std.traits: ReturnType, Parameters;

string staticMemoize(alias T, Parms = Parameters!T)() pure
{
    struct Holder(alias T)
    {
        static shared immutable ReturnType!T value;
        shared static this(){ value = T(Parms); }
    }

    return Holder!T.value;
}

unittest
{
    import std.file : thisExePath;
    assert(staticMemoize!thisExePath == thisExePath);
}

Something like this. Need to refine about input parameters, but I hope, idea is clear. Unlike the function memoize from phobos staticMemoize really pure. And unlike proposed solution with ordinary variable staticMemoize is lazy, because no call - no instantiation.

https://dlang.org/library/std/functional/memoize.html