On Saturday, 22 October 2016 at 06:18:13 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
I think I can confidently assure you that you aren't running into any bugs here.

Thanks for the confirmation. It helps me to learn.

You've dived right into a multi-module projects without a full understanding of imports and linking. I suggest you back up a bit and get familiar with the process before tackling ketmar and Adam's stuff. If they used dub, it would be a very easy process. Since they don't, and you have to manage it all manually, you need a solid understanding of how DMD handles this stuff and why you are getting the error messages you see.

I'm used to compiling stuff in FreeBSD land. They have a group of people who take care to manage the build process (the dub part, i presume). What you say above is correct. I don't understand imports and linking. I can read the docs and they make sense, but I don't quite get it yet.

Thanks for writing up that simple exercise. That's next.

I was able to compile a working executable by specifying almost all *.d files on the command line. It didn't render an image, but it did pop up a window with an error message saying it couldn't load an image. I'm calling that victory.

Regards,
Jason