On 11/10/2016 08:47 AM, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 16:41:56 UTC, Charles Hixson wrote:
It's *supposed* to be nan, and the assert message reports that it is, but it should pass the assert test, not throw an assertion. What am I doing wrong?

How did you set it? There are like billions of different NaNs. I'm not sure if isnan checks for all of them. (I'm also not sure that it doesn't, the docs don't specify.)

you might try using std.math.isNaN instead and see what it does.

It was default initialized by the class instance:

class    Cell
float    curActivation;

The this method doesn't have any mention of a few variables that are supposed to be default initialized, or which curActivation is one.

I suppose I could set it to be -2.0 or something, but that doesn't really tell me what's going on.