On Wednesday, 21 December 2016 at 21:09:41 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Given that ref isn't involved, assuming that nothing else after the call to g references ranges, the compiler should move the values in ranges when it calls g, so I would have hoped that the compiler would then allow you to call g with some of the values being non-copyable, but maybe it's not that forgiving right now for some reason. I can't actually test anything at the moment though, so I don't know what it will and won't actually allow you to do - just what it should be able to allow you to do given what it does with implicit moves.

My plan:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4971